Big River Comic Convention is proud to present our 1st Silent Auction. Donated artwork and items will be auctioned off with a Silent Auction held at the event during BRCC 2019.
Hannibal Kids In Motion will benefit from the proceeds of all auctioned off artwork and items.
In addition, Refreshment Services Pepsi will have “on hand” the day of the event, a beverage wagon which will be manned by local members of Kids in Motion. The monies raised at the beverage wagon will also be donated to this organization.
If you have questions or would like to donate a item for our Auction, please contact us at: Brcomiccon@gmail.com subject line: Silent Auction
The auction will operate from 10:30AM and ends at 12:00PM (Noon) the day of the event!
(See Map For Location)
Must be present to bid!
AUCTION ITEMS TO BE POSTED SOON!
About Kids in Motion:
Kids In Motion (KIM) is a pre-employment/ service learning training program for at risk youth between the ages of 12-15. The mission of our program is to teach teens and pre-teens to value work, to value their community, and to value their future.
OUR GOAL is to provide a positive experience for youth that will greatly impact their lives through service to others. Our program encourages strong work ethic, personal responsibility and self-reliance. Essentially preparing participants to successfully enter the workforce. Equally important, however, it teaches them they can make a difference in the lives of their community and others.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
Youth perform various supervised community service projects such as: assisting with activities at local nursing homes, beautification projects such as planting trees and flowers, working to maintain the tourism district in historic downtown Hannibal, etc.... These projects allow them to learn the importance of teamwork, the necessity to develop good work habits, and the need to develop a respect for supervisory authority, and all the while, they are making an impact on their community. We hope that our early intervention might redirect values and influence positive behavior and lifestyle choices as well as empower youth to improve their lives and achieve their dreams.
WHAT MAKES OUR PROGRAM UNIQUE?
During our summer youth programs, participants are given the opportunity to earn money. This simulates the benefits of an actual employment setting. However, the amount they earn is not a based on a wage per hour, it is tied directly to a daily evaluation on their attitude and performance given to them by their supervisors. Initially the kids perform well to receive the most money possible, however, once they realize they can be successful and truly make a difference in the lives of others, it becomes about so much more than the money. Their level of self-worth and self-confidence dramatically improves.
In addition to the monetary incentive rewards, participants also receive free transportation, two free meals a day, and also are given the opportunity to take part in special educational and recreational field trip experiences.
1. Youth Deadpool Combo Jacket/Mask #001
2. Star Wars Supreme Leader Snoke Thron Room #002
3. Autographed Greg Horn Wolverine #003
4. Autographed Matt Kindt #004
5. Autographed Jeremy Renner “Hawkeye” Civil War 1 #005
6. Autographed Doctor Who Matt Smith #006
7. White Ranger Helmet Legacy #007
8. The Power Within – Signed J.E. Nelson #008
9. Kwame Hightower Signed By David Gordon #009
10. Autographed Courtnee Draper (Voice of Elizabeth” Bioshock Infinite Xbox360 #010
11. Autographed Courtnee Draper (Voice of Elizabeth” Bioshock InfiniteXbox 360 #011
12. Autographed Courtnee Draper (Voice of Elizabeth” Bioshock Infinite POP #012
13. Autographed Courtnee Draper (Voice of Elizabeth” Bioshock Infinite POP #013
14. #574 Ezekial Walking Dead Pop #014
15. Southpark Cartmans Basement #015
16. Artist Candice Dailey Signed #016
17. Wonder Woman Tote – Donated By Kandace Lang #017
18. Cheetah Print Bag – Donated by Kandace Lang #018
19. Certified WB-DC 1810 = Superman Collectors Plate #019
20. Throw Pillow Covers- Ravens Loft #020
21. Upper Deck The Crow Game- Ravens Loft #021
22. Artist Signed Vladimira “Dan Brereton” #022
23. Batman Watch #023
24. New York Subway Banner Walking Dead – Ravens Loft #024
25. New York Subway Banner Warcraft – Ravens Lofy #025
26. New York Subway Banner Dark Shadows – Ravens Loft #026
27. Deathstroke Hollywood Replica Mask – TechOutreach #027
28. Gift Certificate DJ Jermey B #028
29. Gift Certificate – Andrew Buckwalter – Hard Times #029
30. Logue’s Restaurant Gift Certificate - #030
31. 3D Print (Raw) Hellboy - #31
32. Autographed Carey Means Frylock - #32
33. The Graflex Shop Light Sober - #33
34. Artist Gracie Lowney Stan Lee Tribute Print - #34
35. Author Amy Hale Autographed Book - #35
Ravens Loft: https://www.facebook.com/ravensloft2013
Game Stop 2684 Hannibal-Missouri- https://www.facebook.com/GameStop2684/
Tech Outreach https://www.facebook.com/outreach.tech.mo/
Hard Times Tattoo: https://www.facebook.com/hardtimeshannibal/
DJ Jeremy B: https://www.facebook.com/DJJeremyB1
David Gordon Artist: https://www.facebook.com/LionForge
Author Jackie Nelson: https://www.facebook.com/jackienelsonauthor
Kandace Lang-Thirty-One Gifts: https://www.facebook.com/kandace.lang
Logue’s Restaurant: https://www.facebook.com/Loguesrestaurant
Check out this great video on Kids In Motion.