Introducing Big River Comic Convention 2020
Friday Night Sketch Battle….Rumble On The River!
20 Artists – 6 Rounds – Knockout style…until we are down to the LAST TWO artists. Live from Center Stage at Big River Comic Convention!
Will you have what it takes to go head to head against other artists from the area in this dynamic and fast paced competition of Artist VS Artist.
MUST PURCHASE A FRIDAY ATTENDANCE PASS!!!
Our Host MC will draw from a selection of 50 People, Places or Things. Artists will have a specified amount of time to "sketch" that item.
(3) Three Guest Judges will determine who goes to the next round!
Note: No digital (marker, pen or pencil only) - Provided
Sketch Paper will be provided!
1st Place :
- Cash Prize $200
- $50 Con Cash To The Vendor of Your Choice! (Must be used during the event!
- Cash Prize $50
NOTE: $10 Registration Fee & Limited To The First 20 To Sign Up!
REGISTRATION OPENS JANUARY 2, 2020!!
Cosplay Categories: VARIES FROM PERSON TO PERSON AND ABILITY LEVEL....
Baby to 5 Years Old
6 Years to 9 Years
10 Years to 12 Years
This contest will be “Runway” style. There will be no pre-judging. Contestants can enter in store bought or homemade costumes.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE CONTEST?
There are two ways to register for the competition.
(1) Register Online. This is the most preferred method. You will receive an email confirmation with your contestant #. When you get to the show, you will need to sign in at the COSPLAY Table, located Center Stage, where you will be given further instructions.
(2) Register at the convention (Slots May Be Full).
Participants will be able to sign up for the contest at the COSPLAY Table, located Center Stage. Fill out and return the entry form to the registration table. You will be given a contestant # and further information.
All entrants must show up 30 minutes prior to the competition for roll call in the Main Events room.
KIDS COMPETITION RULES
1. One entry per person. No separate entries from the same person.
2. This contest is only open to children 13 years or younger. Parents may walk the stage with their children.
3. There is a limit of 30 entries.
4. All costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, or movie.
5. All contestants must fill out the entry form.
6. No harmful or potentially harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string, and any other substance that can be fired, launched, or dripped.
Has not won or placed in a contest yet.
Has entered no more than 3 contests.
Advanced – Is described as but not limited to:
Cosplay craft is close to or at professional level.
Commissions cosplays or props for other cosplayers.
Makes some kind of income cosplaying or creating cosplays.
Has entered, won and/or placed in multiple contests.
Group – Consisting of 2 or more cosplayers wanting to enter together. Groups will be judged based on the highest-level cosplayer in the group.
Example: If you have a group of mostly Intermediates and one Master level cosplayer, then all will
be judged as Masters.
* Pre-registration is available online from January 1, 2020 through March 1 , 2020.
* Those registering online must have purchased a pass before registering for the cosplay contest.
* Those who participate, must sign-in at the BRCC cosplay contest registration table during the designated times. Failure to do so will result in someone else getting your slot. Note: The cosplay registration table is located in the cosplay area.
* A limit of 25 cosplay contestant slots will be filled for each category on a first come, first served basis. Early pre-registration will ensure a slot.
* On-site registration will be available in the cosplay area if slots remain.
* Group/Duo: Contestants registering as a Group/Duo only fill out 1 registration form.
Cosplay Weapons Policy:
Prop weapons must be checked at the weapons table at entry into BRCC. There, it will either be cleared as safe and designated by a band. Cosplay contestants may have the band removed once everyone is lined up to walk across the stage for the cosplay contest. Contestants may draw their prop weapon and use it to strike a pose, however, for safety purposes, they may not point the weapon at the crowd. Weapons will be rebonded as they leave the stage.
Best In Show
Are some music tracks not accepted in the cosplay contest?
Yes. Music or Audio tracks submitted cannot have explicit lyrics. If it does contain explicit lyrics, your audio track will not be used. We will do our best to give you an advanced warning but cannot guarantee it. BRCC is a family-friendly event and we want all ages to be able to attend.
Will the judges move me into another category?
No, if you fit the criteria for your category then that is where you will stay.
Do I have to be present to win?
Yes, you must be present at the contest to win.
REGISTRATION OPENS JANUARY 2, 2020!!